Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Europe Trip - Germany, Day 1





Eric & I decided to take a trip to Europe, just the two of us, to meet extended family across the globe. Our first stop was Germany, where we enjoyed the hospitality of our relatives. I loved seeing the home place, a dairy farm in Weseke.





Here, my great-grandfather Henry Mueggenborg (spelling was Americanized) lived & worked before migrating to the US. This farm is still a family business today.




To the left are the Muggenborgs in Weseke, Germany, our extended family that we hope to see again in a few years!






On the right are the Oklahoma, Iowa, California, Michigan, Texas, and South Carolina Mueggenborgs from the US that decided to make this family trip to Germany. Oddly, most of us didn't know each other prior to the trip! Now, I feel so blessed that they are family, no matter the miles or generations between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment