Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Sunday, August 1, 2010

40th Birthday


Today I celebrate my 40th birthday. It is hard to believe that I am 40. In many ways, I still feel like a kid with so much to learn and so much to do.

Typically, people see forty years old as the beginning of middle age. Some people see forty as a time when one feels a sense of loss, the loss of being young with a fear of becoming old. As for me, I see this as the beginning of a wonderful time, a time of celebration of gain and a time to look back on past accomplishments and forward to those things which I hope to accomplish.

I am going to do something different today on my birthday. I will give my wife and kids each a gift. That should be fun.

Dana put a large picture of me in the local newspaper with the caption - "lordy, lordy look who is forty." That was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment